• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a essential graphics template from after effects that is not respecting the add layer mode

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an essential graphics book template with light blasts that are light against a black background. I used 'add 'to composite them into the scene, but in Premiere they aren't compositing correctly. I dropped a grey solid to demonstrate the problem in the pictures below. in AE

CWeber_0-1696695506685.pngCWeber_1-1696695532612.png

CWeber_2-1696695760587.png

The light blast is not compositing correctly. I am open to ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the fundamental issue is that It's not able to get the pixel values from the underlying layer in Premiere so its substating the NAN values with 0s, and thus there is nothing to 'add' to. Again, I don't know how to fix it. But after reading and seeing the issue in After Effects with the transparency grid turned on, I have a better idea of what the underlying issue is.

\

CWeber_0-1696697846214.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, unfortunately blending modes don't pass through Mogrts.
Option 1: Find a way to matte the lens flare within After Effects (so there's only transparency behind it).
Option 2: Separate the Mogrt - You could literally export it as two separate templates (one with the flare only, one with the other elements), so you'll be able to apply the correct blending mode directly in Premiere. You could also build everything into a single Mogrt and give yourself Opacity sliders/checkboxes to accomplish effectively the same thing. Yes, it adds some extra clicks in Premiere, but doesn't make the workflow *too* clunky if approached correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines