• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have been having issues with Rubberhose, DUIK?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having issues using Rubberhose 2 for animating for projects. I've been using this program for years, but recently for some reason whenever I use the software for a few minutes on my laptop, After Effects starts moving very slowly and even freezes. 

I've had to restart AE countless times and have even had to put projects on pause just because I can no longer work at an efficient pace. 

I thought it was my laptop and how much memory was on it, so I even went to Apple to get a brand new laptop. The issue went away for a little while, but has now started up again. 

I've however noticed that if I were to start an entirely new project with no Rubberhose (just basic shapes) that AE works just fine. I've even tried switching to DUIK, but literally started having issues with AE AGAIN after I finally rigged everything. I can also move forward on using basic shapes for projects moving forward, but things are definitely going to look a lot choppier than if I just used an animation plug-in.

Is there a way around this lag/freezing so that I can animate again? Any help would be appreciated.
TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your cache and multiframe render settings. There's a good chance AE is simply too busy with that stuff. Turn off MFR, set the disk cache to the bare minimum size.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines