• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have z640 workstation with 48 gb ram ? if i doubles ram size can i get better performance ?

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have z640 workstation with 48 gb ram ? if i doubles ram size can i get better performance ?

my vga : 1050 ti

RAM     :48.0 GB

processor : (2) processors xeon e5 2690 v3 (2.6 ghz ) .

hard disc : ssd 256

i want better per01.PNG411T6KUUE+L._AC_SY355_.jpgformance if i upgrated my installed ram to 96 gb

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same old standard answer: Without knowing what kinds of projects you do and what they involve in terms of effects and features nobody can tell you if there would be any performance gains by updating parts of your hardware. The interactions of different features and settings are way to complex. and even though AE is a RAM-driven application, there simply are limits how far this will go. At some point the program simply won't use any more resources and increasing your memory won't achieve anything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AM MOTION graphic artist i make motion graphic videos like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGIqhnuU5YM&ab_channel=ADIAnimationStudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you do mean by "better performance"?

You can get longer preview times by increasing RAM, but the preview rendering speed will stay the same (or nearly the same). If you use RenderGarden or such a like, you can run more parallel render jobs with more RAM which will decrease rendering time - but only for final renderings, preview rendering is not affected.

I did made such videos for several years. My machine was 64GB gaming hardware, with overclocked 4c/8t i7 and hardly used GTX 1080. If you are making explainers on a regulary basis, you should consider to get a new machine. Those Xeons are no benefit for AE. Too many cores with too less clock speed. Nothing AE is optimized for (sadly).

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"better performance" work faster with my workstation till i get chance to buy new pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's better to save this money on a new machine, I don't think you will get better performance but upgrading the RAM only, as Mrtn said you may get a longer preview and maybe you can more applications to work at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines