• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help getting my text box bigger

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to ae and I’m creating a mogrt but my text gets cut off because of the this square. Is it possible to make the square bigger without having to change the size of the font?

25242ED1-1445-42AB-B035-219725016103.jpeg

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

I think you're looking to increase your Composition Frame Size.  Try pressing command k (mac) or control k (Windows) to bring up the Composition Settings and increase the Composition Width.

To determine the current Scale of your text in pixels, select the Text Layer and choose Layer > Transform > Scale.  In the Scale dialog box, change the Units pop-up menu from "% of Source" to "Pixels".  Knowing the width and height of your text in pixels will help you to set a Comp Frame Size that does not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're looking to increase your Composition Frame Size.  Try pressing command k (mac) or control k (Windows) to bring up the Composition Settings and increase the Composition Width.

To determine the current Scale of your text in pixels, select the Text Layer and choose Layer > Transform > Scale.  In the Scale dialog box, change the Units pop-up menu from "% of Source" to "Pixels".  Knowing the width and height of your text in pixels will help you to set a Comp Frame Size that does not cut it off.

For what it's worth, it's common to design MOGRTs at a standard frame size like 3840-by-2160 or 1920-by-1080.

It may also be mentioning some terminology:

• Comp Size/Frame Size = The width and height of the visible area of the Composition in pixels.
  • Point Text/Point Type = A Text Layer where the characters originate from a point that is aligned to the left, center, or right of the baseline.  This is the default when creating a Text Layer.
  • Box Text/Area Text = A Text Layer where the characters are constrained to a box drawn with the Type Tool by clicking and dragging in the Composition panel and the text is aligned to the left, center, or right of the resulting box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES that's it!! thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I trouble you to click the "Correct Answer" button under the post?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is time for you to spend some time with the User Guide. You might want to also take a look at the Learn workspace available in the Window menu or on the Start Screen for AE. Instead of just jumping right into following some tutorial you found or experimenting with AE make sure you understand the UI and the basic workflows. After Effects is a lot more complicated than any NLE and if you don't take some time getting proper training from folks that really know what they are talking about, you may crash and burn. Just knowing the basics may help you land but if your approach gets into trouble you will be a lot better off if you spend some time in school.

Screenshot_2019-10-27 17.35.56_hiEGSa.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines