• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I cancel my subscription, can I renew it with the same account and not lose any of my content?

Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I cancel my subscription, can I renew it with the same account and not lose any of my content? I've found myself extremely busy lately and because of this, I haven't been using after effects enough to justify the cost. If I cancel it for now, can I renew it again maybe during the summer when I'm not as busy? And will I still have my edits saved to my account?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download all your projects and assets and archive them on a storage drive. Online assets are deleted after 30 days for privacy and data security reasons and local backups are always a good idea, anyway.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I download my projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any files stored locally will open just fine once you reactivate your subscription.

If you have files stored in the cloud, you'd want to download those to make sure they still exist. The easiest place to do this is probably on the Creative Cloud desktop app, under "Files." You can manually back up Libraries, or manually download files that you've directly saved to the cloud from mobile apps, for example. Select all applicable files, then on the right-hand menu, you'll see three dots (just below the trashcan icon). In there is a "download" option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure to have at least one backup as well. 

See Schofield's Second Law:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/follow-schofields-three-laws-of-computing-and-avoid-disasters/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines