• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ignore time remapping in essential graphics template

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good if we could make essential graphics IGNORE a layer for the responsive timing feature. 

I have a template with IN and OUT points and a media replacement video. Problem is the middle part gets time remapped so it's unusable unless you don't stretch or shrink it, which defeats the point of making it reusable.

Basically, MGRT templates are useless unless your happy with freezing the middle section for simple stuff and don't have any movement on the part in between. 

I was thinking maybe you could have an option in responsive time to ignore a layer so it just plays as it would if it was a normal comp..Then when you stretched it it would just play more of said video. You'd obviously have to ensure your input video was long enough for how much you wanted to stretch but that's all. It would be so damn powerful if you were able to do this!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In many cases I found simple expressions to be very useful with mogrts, especially "time" for simple position, scale, and rotation. Let's say you want to rotate a layer independently of time, just put "time*5" for example, and it will be rotating freely whatever the mogrt's duration in Premiere Pro. The same goes for position, scale or whatever you want to animate independently of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's good to know, I never actually tried that as I thought it would just break. But yes very good to know! I guess that doesn't help with media replacement  and adding stock but should be useful for mograph elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what you want to do, re-rigging the project could do the trick. It's easy enough to nullify the tiem-remapping with an inverse and as already sggested for some stuff setting up expressions might be more appropriate than global retiming.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm what do you mean by inverse? Do you mean like a ping pong? When you say use expressions could you explain how this would work with say a video/media replacement. In theory I've thought maybe if I could get the length of the stock footage that's added, then do some math to extend/reduce it based on how much the user has stretched or squashed the template..but of course there's a lot to this that isn't possible such as physically expanding or moving a layer with expressions.

If you have any examples of how youd best go about this I'd love to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstand. You just add/ subtract back the inverse of the time you have already manipulated. in you case you'd have one layer with the actual layer with the time remapping as an invisible guide layer, a second one where the actual magic happens. The inverse difference would then simply be 1-value. You could then add a slider to determine how much the compensation would be applied, and since it would be keyframable, you have full controll over playback speed. 100% eliminates the remapping, 0 uses your remapped values, anything inebtween could be used to create a speed ramp transition.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've read your message about 50 times trying to understand, because I REALLY want to understand. I've been in this position so many times with the responsive time stuff. 

So my foggy interpretation of whay your saying, is that you'd compensate for the stretching by reducing the speed of the clip via a guide layer? Surely if a comp has in and out points (responsive time) then anything in between, such as a video file, would be remapped to fit whatever the person sets. 

what I'm confused at is surely anything in between those protected regions is simply stretched..Even if you do some expressions stuff you still have the same frame data being interpolated in between the stretched area...before it transitions out. 

I feel like I'd love to see an example file or steps to do exactly what your saying to understand exactly what you mean, or even an existing video that's out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines