Illustrator file not updating

Participant ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported an AI file into AE, i then added a new layer in my AI doucument, but it won't appear in my AE document, i've tried importing as composition (retain layer size), as footage too, also tried relaoding footage, nothing seems to work, any help much appreciated

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only thing that seems to work is if i close both programs and reopen

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nadrojxinnam,

Thanks for writing in.

If you imported your Illustrator file as Footage, then it should import new layers without any problem.

Unfortunately, if you imported your Illustrator file as a Composition, reloading those layers won't import your new layers. Also if you imported with Retain Layer Sizes, your layers within the composition won't update their position, only the content.

If it doesn't update the file even if you imported it as Footage, I'd recommend resetting the preferences and clearing the media cache of After Effects. 

Hope it helps. Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you tried Purging All Memory & disk cache  ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines