Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

import SVG sequence

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm a bit new to After Effects. I have a list of SVG files that I want to import into AE to create an animation. I believe the process is analog to that of importing an OBJ sequence. Any idea on how should I proceed? Maybe someone has already tried this before

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure that you're going to have to open each SVG file in Illustrator and then save it as either Illustrator or EPS (AE supports both). 

After doing that, you should be able to import the resulting files as an Image Sequnce.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AE does not import SVG. As already mentioned you have to open them in Illustrator and save them as an AI file.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines