• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Illustrator file in After Effects is invisible or appears as black AND slow applications

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everybody!

This past few days I have been confronted with this issue and I cannot seem to find the right answer to solve it.; I have also searched through this platform for answers to no avail. You see, before I downloaded the Creative Cloud 2020, I have access to an earlier version of Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere. Then, it was working perfectly fine. When I work on graphic design from Illustrator and import the saved file to After effects whenever I want to make simple clips, they appear as is and works just fine. 

Then I decided to download the entire creative cloud. That's when the issues and problems started to occur. First, my experience in working with the prgrams have been a nightmare because the program slowed down BIG TIME! For example, in Illustrator, just a simple CTRL+C prompts the whole program to freeze and appear as "Not Responding". That also happens in After Effects and Premiere. I do not know why because before I downloaded the cloud, it was perfectly fine -- working fast and effecient. Now, it takes FOREVER!

Another issue is what it says in the subject. Now that I've downloaded the cloud, whenever I create graphic designs in Illustrator and import it in After Effects, the file is invisible and appears black. I've tried re-saving it and making sure the compatible with PDF is ticked when I save it in Illustrator. and when I import it in After effects I make sure these are my settings in importing issue 1.png

I also double checked if I have the Caps Lock on and it is NOT turned on. I even redid my design in illustrator and made sure I only have one artboard. Still it appear as this:

issue 2.png

I even moved back from my 2020 prgrams to my 2019 ones thinking that my files may work perfectly fine in the 2019 version, but I was wrong. It's still the case. Kindly please help me find a solution to my problems. Any kind soul there that can explain to my why my programs seemed to slow down in performance and why Illustrator files appear as black in After Effects. Please help me. 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and nearly gave up. For me, the following worked (maybe it’s just a coincidence): Go to Illustrator — View/Proof Setup and select Monitor RGB. I had Working CMYK selected. It’s crazy but now it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thank you for the response. Tried it and checked the Monitor RGB  instead. But it still appears like this. 

44C269E2-8C82-422E-BD0C-E4C471CFC56E.jpeg

I don't know what to do anymore. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be your Files are created outside of the artboard that's why it is not showing in aftereffects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines