• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported PSD results in long export times with no animation?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am working ona collaboration with a friend, where they provided me with a relatively simple PSD that consists of a background layer, and 10 layers of images on top of that.

The image is about 12000x4800 - and the animation i created puts some simple effects on the images, and slowly pans around.

The issue i'm having is that aftereffects wants 40 hours to render this:

I noticed that just by enabling the background layer with nothing on it, after effects wants 5 hours; but with just a single layer with a simple effect, the time drop dramatically to a more reasonable level --- that leads me to believe the imported photoshop layers are being treated not as just images, but somethign different leading to this long export time.

----is there something I can do to rasterize / render my layers in the comp so they are just treated like normal images (I noticed how they still have the photoshop icon logo in the time lane)?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One important note is my view field is only 1024x768 ---- so i think maybe the issue is any effects on things outside of the view field also need to be applied (i'm hue shifting the background) so maybe that's doing it ----- any tips on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give us system specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB
Harddrive: 2TB (about 450 GB free)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines