• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Video has out of sync audio

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having an issue and hope someone here has the solution. 

I edit anime for fun and also do some professional editing and motion graphics work. The latest anime I've been editing with (Chainsaw Man) for some reason always has out of sync audio when I import it into After Effects. 

I'm on After Effects 2023, the Anime was originally downloaded in MOV and then converted to M4A, and I changed the file extension to MOV because another forum said that was the solution, but it didn't quite solve it, the audio is just only slightly behind, but with M4A it was entirely unusable. 

The composition settings and the Anime's settings are the same. 23.976 FPS, 1920*1080p. 

Any answers or advice will be appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you shift formats like you've had to do, audio sync can sometimes drift.  I'd be tempted to render out what you have right to check that it's not just in the preview.  If it is still out of sync, consider rendering out a WAV file for the audio from your timeline and reimporting that to use.  WAV being uncompressed should make it easier for AE to play back and then you can move it in the timeline by a couple of frames until its back in sync.  (Premiere Pro has a nice feature where it lists the frame difference)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!
When watching the converted videos, the audio is fine it's only within AE that the audio falls out of sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have the info tab open?  AE will display to you what the playback speeds are when previewing and this info turns red when it falls behind.

There's a preference in Edit > Preferences > Previews, that you can disable audio when the previews slow down:

helped.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your system, your audio prefs and your preview settings we can't realyl tell you much. There was a bug some versions ago where "crooked" fractional framerates would cause such issues, so the first thing to do would be to conform everything to 24 FPS by adjusting the comp settings, footage interpretation and so on. other than that your conversion procedures sound kind of dubious. Why not convert everything to a proper MP4 with embedded audio right away? It could well be that you're screwing up this part, regardless of whether the file plays fine in other programs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines