• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing 3d objects

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering, can 3d objects from Adobe Dimension be imported to After effects and then composited and used within? I would love to get an awnser soon because I have the idea to implement 3d into my work! 

Thank you,

Eli Noudelman

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

This is not directly possible, though I'm pretty sure that as the Substance 3D products converge with the rest of the Adobe apps it will be possible. For the time being you have to export the models to a format you can import into Cinema 4D Lite such as OBJ or 3DS and then safe the C4D file which can then be used in AE. Alternatively you can of course consider buying 3D-ish plug-ins like Element 3D, Plexus, Helium, the Trapcode Suite, BCC Simple Object and so on. They all have their limitations

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not directly possible, though I'm pretty sure that as the Substance 3D products converge with the rest of the Adobe apps it will be possible. For the time being you have to export the models to a format you can import into Cinema 4D Lite such as OBJ or 3DS and then safe the C4D file which can then be used in AE. Alternatively you can of course consider buying 3D-ish plug-ins like Element 3D, Plexus, Helium, the Trapcode Suite, BCC Simple Object and so on. They all have their limitations due to how AE works, but depending on what you need to do they may be worth considering.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you I will try these methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines