• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing 4K Photoshop files as Composition freeze/hang in 18.0

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a known issue in 18.0 with importing 4K .psd files as Compositions? When I do this, the newly imported file as a comp cannot be closed nor deleted after it's been opened in the AE project; AE freezes. This does not happen with 1080-size Photoshop documents imported as comps, nor has it happened with 4K Photoshop documents prior to AE 18.0.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Actually, I just got off a chat with tech support, and it turns out the problem was with an external USB audio device. Once I switched Audio Hardware to the built-in output, then worked with the 4K files, all was well. Further, I was able to switch back to the USB audio device, and am going along just fine (at the moment).

Also, I discovered that the problem with freeze/hangs occurred just by creating new 4k comps within AE using the UHD presets. It seems that having had comps of differing sizes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were they created in the latest PS version or in older ones? There are several data corruption issues in the lates PS updates and that alone could be an issue. Otherwise more info on the PSDs would probably help - taypes of content/ layers, color profiles, layer styles, color modes and so on. Perhaps it's something trivial that can be fixed easily.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I just got off a chat with tech support, and it turns out the problem was with an external USB audio device. Once I switched Audio Hardware to the built-in output, then worked with the 4K files, all was well. Further, I was able to switch back to the USB audio device, and am going along just fine (at the moment).

Also, I discovered that the problem with freeze/hangs occurred just by creating new 4k comps within AE using the UHD presets. It seems that having had comps of differing sizes within the same project would cause this freeze, which was corrected by somehow resetting the audio preferences. Finally, this was not a problem with any of the 17.x releases.

In answer to your question, though, I'm using the very latest Photoshop version.  Hopefully this will help someone else too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines