Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing and using a json file

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My web developers created a json file that animates our company logo.  The logo consists of interlocking shapes that are revealed independently and I am having difficulty copying the animation.  Is there a way to import the json file with the animation?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

JSON is just data, not graphics. From your JSON file being a HTML canvas or SVG in disguise to it just holding specific parts of the animation there could be any bnumber of things there, but since you haven't even provided a screenshot of your logo nor any details about the structure and data in the file we cannot know anything. That said, no, simply importing it will do squat in AE. You have to put in much more work and at the end of the day you may not even need the JSON and have to re-create

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSON is just data, not graphics. From your JSON file being a HTML canvas or SVG in disguise to it just holding specific parts of the animation there could be any bnumber of things there, but since you haven't even provided a screenshot of your logo nor any details about the structure and data in the file we cannot know anything. That said, no, simply importing it will do squat in AE. You have to put in much more work and at the end of the day you may not even need the JSON and have to re-create everything with AE native featrures and tools. Anyway, you need to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, after doing some more research that was the conclusion I came to.  I took a step back pieced it out in my head and decided to tackle it the long way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines