• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing animate files freezing and crashing AE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have recently had an issue where I am importing adobe animate files into after effects and a "preparing import" screen appears but never loads. It is just stuck. If i try to close it, AE crashes. I have not changed any settings or workflow as it was working yesterday. Not quite sure how to fix this but it is quite frustrating. Ive tried it for my older projects as well and they wont import either so I dont believe it is just the project I am currently working on. 

I have tried re installing and clearing my cache and memory, same for animate, nothing seems to work.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that all apps are the same version and that you have allocated an even number of MB of memory to Adobe apps in preferences.  You might also want to try disabling GPU acceleration in the Project settings and in Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried that, still gets stuck on "preparing import" and when i close it AE continues to crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is you PC specs? you may have a low memory 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my computer runs just fine and hasnt had this issue until now.

im running

AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz

16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)

64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue..

If I fix it, I'll let you know how. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines