• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Images - Image Sequence Vs Individual images

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently a Mac user and have been PC in the past.

I've been using After Effects for years and I'm a drag and drop importer (Yes I know some people don't like this method and I am aware of the traditional import routes that have more control - this is just my style of working)

When importing multiple images, using the drag and drop method, AE automatically creates an image sequence instead of individual files. To import as individual files you need to hold the option key on Mac (I believe it might be the Alt on PC).

Now in earlier versions of Adobe I believe this was not the case it was the other way around, does anyone remember this was the case? 

Also does anyone know how to switch this? I have searched high and low and come up empty.

(and before anyone says just deal with it I'm looking for help not criticism please)

Thank you for reading and if you post thank you for your help.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the drag and drop behavior has always been the same. It's just like if you drag a folder in and want to bring the contents, you have to hold Opt/Alt. That's been the case as long as I can remember.

As for swapping this behavior, it's not possible through an app preference. You can have a look in the text preferences files on disk, but those can be hard to decipher since commands and behaviors don't always have names you'd expect. Plus, it might simply not be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines