• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing multiple folders from After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I'm sorry for not being good at English.

The hardest thing I've been working with After Effects for years is importing files.
As far as I know, EDL and XML cannot be read.
Also, files cannot be loaded by dragging various folders.

Is it a problem that only occurs in the Windows version?

I hope you don't tell me to use Premiere.
I don't have to worry about editing, not the editorial team. However, in order to clarify the order and location of pictures, it is necessary to load XML well or load multiple folders at once.
I think it's possible with Xto7.

but This time, after upgrading to 2021, when I imported the Premier Project from AE, when all links were broken, I brought in a huge amount of data in all folders.

There is no such problem if you work alone, but if you collaborate with various people, companies, etc., this problem will occur.

I hope there was a good way. Please help 🙏

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDL and XML are an ASCII text format. They are editable. You check the path of the folder and edit it properly by text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that. When an error occurs when loading EDL in DaVinci, I open it with a text folder and fix it.

My question is I can't load EDL and XML from After effect.

Are you saying that if you modify the XML, you can load it in After effects?

If so, how do I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can import the EDL into PPro. You can then copy the clips in a PPro Sequence and paste them into a Timeline in AE - this is one workaround. However, this is actually a preferred workflow since PPro will allow you to more efficiently preview the footage/edit before bringing them over to AE. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this too.

The problem is that all the clips are broken in this 2021 version. The link was also impossible to match, so the materials were all changed to the same name.

It was fine in Premiere Pro, but when I loaded the project with Aftereffect, it became like this. I saw this phenomenon for the first time.

Fortunately, looking at the link address next to the file name, I relinked one by one.

Because of this problem, I asked if there is a way to open it directly from Aftereffect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects supports XML as an apex extension. You need to compare the description of your XML with it. APEX is a complex description. You create a simple project and analyze it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/supported-file-formats.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are you talking about modifying XML like EDL modification?

So, Do you mean that it can work normally in After effects?

This link only shows what extensions are supported by Aftereffect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines