• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In app tutorials don't work

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to learn After Effects; after Animate screwed up and deleted my save file, I want to focus on something else, but I literally can't use their tutorials. I just want to know how to remove an effect from the timeline after a certain point (Like after five seconds, the effect disappears.) But I can't find anyone explaining it online, other than how to remove the effect from the entire timeline itself, which isn't what I want to do. I assume the answer is so incredibly simple that it's not found online, so I wanted to look at one of the tutorials and find the answer without asking people a potentially stupid question. 

Now I find out that the in-app tutorial button is just a bad prank. Because it does literally nothing. I restarted the app and my computer multiple times, and it just won't load anything. I'm just flabbergasted that every single Adobe product is having this many issues, like.. really? The in-app tutorials don't even work? Why is the option even there? I have no idea how to use this thing, and I can't even learn through the app. 

I'll look up tutorials online, but being able to visually see what to click on the screen and read why is much easier and interactive, so really why won't this work? And what's the point of the option if it doesn't function?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Effects are not "removed adfter a certain time", you simply split the layer in suitable segments with and without effects and/ or animate the effects' internal parameters that control their intensity/ opacity/ strength or whatever else may be relevant. That's a basic concept of all animation, not just in AE. The inline help not appearing is a whole different matter, but usually boils down to the Internet-connected panels not being able to load remote content. so start by checking your network settings. Anything more will require proper technical information about your system and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines