• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inability to move layer seperately

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so I've never used this application before only premiere pro but I'm supposed to be creating an animation over the next week and i've run into a bit of an issue. Initially i was able to make the main character move just as intended however after importing more characters they seem only able to move as solid layers not individual limbs. I know i'm doing something wrong but can someone please explain how to correct it?Attached is a screenshot of what my desktop currently is showing. I think it's something related to the colour of the squares next to each layer but not sure.Screenshot 2022-04-10 201625.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you can move seperate layers from a photoshop file in AE. If you want to make them all different layers, import them individually by selecting "Choose Layer" (you may have to do this for every layer you have)

JqkeFX_0-1649625767717.png

If you then import all of them into your comp, you can edit each seperately and achieve the same desired animation.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines