• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Verfication Failur (Old WndProc set incorrectly on the window)

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error when opening the import files dialog.

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {Old WndProc set incorrectly on the window}

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE, no luck. 😞

After Effects Version 18.2.0

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset AE preferences, it may help https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/m-p... 

and the quick solution you can always drag and drop the elements you want inside AE, I know it's not the best option but it can help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, resetting preferences (and plug-in cache) doese not work.

And drag and dropping isn't the *ideal* solution when dealing with image sequences.. More than one sequence in a folder and it only imports one of them. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might have helped if you had provided a full screenshot. I suspect that this is an issue with your screen configuration and AE somehow being unable to draw certain dialog windows or calculate their placement. More info on that front would certainly help to unriddle this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go! Dual screen setup, AE is full screen on Monitor 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VR and dual 4k screens? That's definitely calling for trouble. Start by limiting your workspace to a single screen, the hard way by unplugging the second screen if need be. I would definitely maintain that you are exhausting resources or are running into another limitation with these hardware accelerated functions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm.. I'm not running any VR? I've had the same screen setup for ages without any trouble in After Effects. This only started after an update to the latest version.

I'll try unplugging the second screen and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonkristinsson,

Did unplugging the secondary monitor help? If not, would you mind sharing your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)? Also, can you try running After Effects as administrator and see if it brings any change?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using AE with 2 4K monitors and that's not the issue. This is a bug with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines