Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid Image Buffer Size?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

A question, recently I've just downloaded an AE template and after adding the images which are only in the forms of .png, pop-up messages saying "Invalid image buffer size (64101 x 61101)" keeps appearing even after I've removed those photos.

1. Does anyone know what might be the reason for this, and how to fix this?

2. Is it still possible to render the video despite all these messages appearing during the preview?

I don't know if this information helps, but I'm using AE CC 2017, with a 16GB storage.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Are they also removed from the project?  The maximum dimension in AE, either vertical or horizontal, is 30,000 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they also removed from the project?  The maximum dimension in AE, either vertical or horizontal, is 30,000 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've removed all added media in the projects but still...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Templates are notoriously complicated -- if they were easy, who would buy them if they could make the projects themselves? 

Your screen shot reveals a bunch of nested comps.  You will have to work your way through all of them to find the offending footage.

Another way would be to highlight every piece of footage in the project to look at  the dimensions in the info pane at the top of the project window.  Then you have to decide if you want to remove it from the project, or use a different application to reduce the dimensions.

Frankly, I don't understand how footage with dimensions over 60K even got included in a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that the error originates from the template itself? Basically what I should do is to work my through each footage and find the problematic layer/ footage right?

I'm sorry, I am really clueless when it comes to technical issues. Thank you so much for your replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

one of the experiences that I have as to this issue is, the meaning of dimension is not only the size of your solid or composition but the exposure or blur effects also affect the dimension. for example, you may use a high exposure or light on the top layer, and on the second layer, you use high blur effects. some times when they combine with other layers this error pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today have same issue, the problem solved after turning off 3d layer effect for big picture 3800*16300px, and i just had to render that without 3d camera, just scale in/out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This, or something similar, was the problem for me.  The "resolution" given by the buffer size error was of a screen size that didn't exist in my template.  It turned out that there were several "Adjustment Layers" that had Tint effects applied to them, and for some reason those effect caused the problem.  Once I disabled the Adjustement Layers in each Precomp, it rendered without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, was anyone able to solve it? 

"Invalid image buffer size (0 x 1)". ( 37 :: 102 )

It started to appear out of nowhere today. Only solution is to keep deleting the preference file and edit the project.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines