• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone clip without any delay in Premiere Pro, but extremely slow in After Effects

Participant ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, After Effects refuses to work ... I've got a 55 min clip, which needed literally hours alone to load by After Effects, not to mention any way to edit it. With Premiere Pro, there was no problem. Loading, editing, saving, exporting - all of this went without any delay. When I tried to continue to work with the Premiere-edited file in After Effects then, the old tired feet-dragging antispeed began again. 

What can I do to speed things up? Thanks! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Adobe Media Encoder is what I use because it has access to all production codecs. Handbrake does not.

You can also use Premiere Pro to cut up a single clip and render production masters of each trimmed shot. I do that all the time, and it is very efficient. You get a production-quality master of the original footage without any effects or transitions, and the render time is usually a little better than real-time on my system.

I didn't find a specific tutorial, but there is an option to expor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try transcoding the iPhone footage to a production format.

Use Premiere Pro to render just the portion of your shot that you need to work on in After Effects.

Try updating or rolling back your AE version or build using the Creative Cloud App

If you need more help, please explain your design goals and what you are trying to do to the shot in After Effects. Remember, AE is not a video editing app. It is a composition, motion graphics, animation, and visual effects app designed to create shots, not to edit movies. Most AE comps for most users are only a few seconds long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I want to add a handcamera effect, some text effects, some smaller inserts of graphics and tables. And some transitions by keys. I would know how to do that in After Effects, because I'm working with smaller clips in this program since years - not very professionally, but I know the basics ... And it's as late as yesterday that I opened Premiere the first time. 🙂 It seems I have to go to Linda to understand it a bit better. 
"Try transcoding the iPhone footage to a production format." Please, how can I do this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Lynda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry, found it. Handbrake is the solution. Thanks again for your input! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder is what I use because it has access to all production codecs. Handbrake does not.

You can also use Premiere Pro to cut up a single clip and render production masters of each trimmed shot. I do that all the time, and it is very efficient. You get a production-quality master of the original footage without any effects or transitions, and the render time is usually a little better than real-time on my system.

I didn't find a specific tutorial, but there is an option to export multiple clips from the same shot as individual files. If I come upon a tutorial or have time to take some screenshots I'll post again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried to follow your advice. My journey resp. the journey of my footage/clip is now: iPhone -> Mac -> Media Encoder -> Premiere Pro -> add Audition Recording -> Export (Media Encoder) -> After Effects -> add some effects -> Render -> Mac -> Youtube. On almost every step the color management changes everything. I tried to keep to H.264, did some color correction in Premiere Pro etc., but even when it looked good in one program, the colors were distorted in another. I teste differend settings, but it doesn't look as if I found the correct ones. Is there a trick to keep the colors consistent through all those stations? Sorry for my stubborness (correct word?, idk), but I really need some additional advice here. ..  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well. probably the wrong question in the wrong place, not asked precisely enough. I openes another thread, here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/journey-of-a-clip-from-iphone-to-video-throu.... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines