Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is After Effects what I need?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I’m creating a project: I’m riding my bicycle across the city, painting a gps mural using an app. All while shooting with a gopro (also gps enabled) at 10X hyperlapse.

My intent is to sync it all back up, (speed the gps up x10) , cut out all the out-take stuff (such as me slaving over gps settings while I get the lines perfect), and create footage chunks.

These footage chunks would have gps imbedded in them so I could hand them to a graphic artist. The intent is for said artist to make a beautiful artistic rendering of my bike ride that could share screen time with the gopro footage.

My question is this: Is adobe after effects what I need to make this happen?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is a video compositing tool.  Ideally you import your edited footage and use it  (in your case) to overlay maps, screen recordings etc...  I also describe it as Photoshop + time, whereas Premiere Pro is a video editor.  I'm struggling to picture your end result from your description.

Are you wanting to have video footage from your GoPro of your route, while overlaid on this will be the route you're taking?  Sort of Indiana Jones, but with a POV? 

Because you're planning to hand this over to someone to do the "beautiful artistic rendering of my bike ride", I think you're probably best using Premiere Pro. You can edit this to what you need, overlay the GPS footage and hand the project directly to them to composite together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Yes, thanks. I went the route of Premiere Pro. I also hired a mapper to create graphic vectors that sync with my ride. Currently in the process of having a motion graphics artist bring these vector to life. And editing it all together myself. All in all, really coming together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines