• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to not render composition which is not visible in region of interest?

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very big composition 12000 x 3200 px that is dividided into 7 screens.

I ended up croping each screens into a separate comp by croping their region of interest.

Now I have 7 composions that around full HD each.

The problem I'm facing is that when I render each composition separately the rest of the comp is being animated and played out in the outbounds of the cropped composition. There's a ton of things happening and it takes ages to render even one screen of 4 minutes composition on my beast workstation because it's obviously rendering all the damn 12000 x 3200 px. 

I wish copping would get rid and not render what it's not being shown on the region of interest.

Is there even a possible solution for this?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No. AE is a full buffer rendererand thus everything gets rendered. AE only optimizes layers that are 100% out of view, meaning that not a single pixel of them is either inside the comp or opacity is zero. That's as far as it goes. Not sure, though. Your setup looks simple enough, so things shouldn't be too bad except for the background spanning all your comps, which likely is the biggest contributor. Splicing that up in some way might yield some speed gains.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks man. Well that's a bummer, I'm back to drawing board how to optimize it then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines