Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to remove embedded text from mp4

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video made with FCP.

I would like to go back and pull moving titles from clips.

Titles are embedded.

In the ADOBE World, is there a way I can remove embedded titles?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

The short answer is no, you cannot remove embedded titles.

Ideally you would have access to the source footage and can simply reedit the footage without the titles.

Otherwise, you'd have to take the painstaking journey of masking out the titles and recreating the background that is behind the titles for every frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Burnin titels are just pixels. Any form of rotoscoping, masking and so on can be used to isolate them, but it's of course a lot of work. That's why most people would simply re-create them from scratch directly in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your attempt to help.

I'm afraid I vaguely understand.

I'm willing to put in 'the work', but I need to know if it is possible to 'remove an embedded animated title' from clip?

And if so, it IS possible, can you point me in the direction where to learn the detailed steps for removing them?

I'm afraid seeing that the title is 'embedded' within (superimposed over) the live action, I haven't been successful in 'isolating' the titling, because it is 'embedded'. Am I correct?

Also, I do not want to 'mask' over the title, for it would ruin the live action background I want to retain.

I hope I made myself clearer.

Sorry and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is no, you cannot remove embedded titles.

Ideally you would have access to the source footage and can simply reedit the footage without the titles.

Otherwise, you'd have to take the painstaking journey of masking out the titles and recreating the background that is behind the titles for every frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jeff B!!!

Presicely as I suspected, but was afraid of, thus the query for the expert.

Thank you again for saving my undaunting determined dogged personality from a task I am not up to.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines