• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to turn the 3D gizmo off?

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded to the newest AE and have been getting the hang of the new 3D gizmo and its various modes.  However, I've had problems doing precise adjustments to anchor point location and motion path curves on 3D layers since I often end up selecting one of the many gizmo transform handles so close to the curve handles or the gizmo itself, which is a pretty visually busy tool, obscures the precise pixels I'm trying to adjust the anchor point to. Is it possible to turn the 3D gizmo off or revert it to the old "gizmo," at least temporarily?  I've been able to find workarounds, but overall my workflow would be quicker if I could turn it off or revert it to the old tool when making those adjustments.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Yes.

While the Composition panel is in focus, choose View > View Options and uncheck 3D Transform Gizmo.

AE Composition View Option with 3D Transform Gizmo selected.AE Composition View Option with 3D Transform Gizmo selected.

Or, you can Show/Hide layer controls by choosing View > Show Layer Controls.  I find the keyboard shortcut for this to be very helpful while designing in After Effets.

You can also open a New Viewer (View > New Viewer) and set one to show the Layer Controls and the other to hide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

While the Composition panel is in focus, choose View > View Options and uncheck 3D Transform Gizmo.

AE Composition View Option with 3D Transform Gizmo selected.AE Composition View Option with 3D Transform Gizmo selected.

Or, you can Show/Hide layer controls by choosing View > Show Layer Controls.  I find the keyboard shortcut for this to be very helpful while designing in After Effets.

You can also open a New Viewer (View > New Viewer) and set one to show the Layer Controls and the other to hide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking in V22.4.0 but don't appear to have a 'View Options'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, 

Go to View > View Options. Or click the hamburger menu and select View Options.

View Options2.jpg

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the shortcut is very helpful

Mac: Cmd + shift + H  

windows: ctrl + shift + H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines