• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a keyboard shortcut to select keyframe at CTI for selected mask path (or any property)

Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current project requires me to manually tweak tracked masks. When I have a mask path selected I would like to be able to use a keyboard shortcut to select the keyframe at the CTI. I Googled and checked Adobe docs & discussions but ot my surprise I could find no posts on this. If there is no way, is it possible to have AE auto-select the keyframe at the CTI every time I scroll the footage?

Thanks,

- DK

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never thought I'd this, but now you've described it, that sounds like a really good idea.

Probably best to suggest it here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The J and K keys will move the CTI to the previous, or the next keyframe no matter how many properties with keyframes are visible in the Timeline.

If you want to adjust tracked mask keyframes under the CTI manually, edit any point or handle. If there is already a keyframe at that time, you will edit that keyframe. If there is no keyframe at that point, you will add one. 

I'm not sure what else you would need. Edits always happen at the CTI unless you double-click a specific keyframe and do the editing in the popup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature would be useful for nudging individual keyframes in time. I'd like to be able to use J and K to navigate to the keyframe, then be able to actually select it with the keyboard, before using Alt + arrow keys to nudge it forwards and backwards without having to use the mouse.

In my opinion the ideal functionality would be that J and K actually SELECT the previous/next keyframe in addition to navigating the CTI to its location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines