• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to disable keyframes?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a layer with a few keyframes. I would like to temporarily disable the keyframes to test the animation without them. I don't want to delete them I just want to turn them off and back on again.

Is there a way to do that?

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can lock any property with an expression. Just create an array for properties with more than one value or just enter the value you want to hold.

If an animated 3D layer's position started at  0, 250, 500 and you wanted to hold that position the expression you would add to the position property would look like this:

[0, 250, 500]

If you wanted to hold rotation to 5º the expression would look like this:

If color was animated in a shape layer's fill property and you wanted to make it 50% gray the expression would look like this:

[.5, .5, .5, 1]

If you had an animated gradient fill on a shape layer you can't use an expression to control the colors, but if the gradient was created with the Gradient Fill effect you could freeze both colors and the start and ending point. 

If there were a bunch of keyframes on a bunch of properties you could just duplicate the layer and delete the keyframes. If you wanted to stop the effects that are applied to a layer you can use the same technique for the effect if it is animated, duplicate the effect in the Effects Control Panel, delete the keyframes in the copy and turn off the animated effect in the control panel. I turn effects on and off all the time in the Effects Control Panel and in the timeline.

That should get you to where you need to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

Honestly, the people at adobe should add the option to enable/disable keyframes. It would be much easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a good suggestion. You requested it two years ago. Have they added this feature in new version? I also I need this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines