• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to get full name of replaced media

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recently added option to replace image or video in motion graphics panel. Is there a way to get name of replaced media? I need it to be shown on screen using Source Text for text layer.

rafap69819657_0-1629979532822.png

I tried many methods but non of them worked.

1. I tired to get filename of layer in comp by using thisComp.layer(2).source.name , this gave me filename of placeholder even after replacing it with other media. 

2. I tired to get filename of comp that will be replace by using comp("Media to replace").source.name. This also didn't worked. 

I need it because we use filename to provide copyright info about media source.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Expressions , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. This is a one-way street and the AE expressions engine simply has no way of knowing what happens outside its little sandbox.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right! I forgot that MOGRT are basicly in sandbox when used in Premire Pro. I spent hours trying every expression possible, without any good results. To prove your point I searched for filepath info in .aegraphics file after linking new media in Premire Pro essential graphics panel. It really looks like all info is stored in .prproj, and AE simply don't know such info.

Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So is there really no way to access any of the properties of the replacement media with expressions? This is super annoying since I was hoping to use this feature in templates that need to be responsive to things like the footage aspect ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines