• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to get a Unique effectId

Participant ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to get a unique EffectId from in_data or something that is specific to thar Effect only.

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

generally speaking, you obtain one using AEGP_RegisterWithAEGP during global setup, as you only need to get it once.

however, most functions that require an AEGP_PluginID are fine with a NULL instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to save different frame data for each effect and while rendering I want to show all effects' data.
Currently I'm saving layer mapped frames data, as I get layerId from in_data using AEGP_GetEffectLayer and AEGP_GetLayerID.
I want to save effect mapped frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I am saving an incrementing effectId during sequenceSetup and saving it to sequenceData, However, could not get it in the render function, I get it at all other places except Render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed, changes in sequence data don't sync between the ui copy and the render copy of the effect, except for some very specific times. to sync, you need to set PF_OutFlag_FORCE_RERENDER during specific events, but idle_hook is not one of them...

perhaps you should use a hidden arb param instead of sequence data, as that both gets synced between the ui and render calls, is saved with the project, AND forces a re-render when changed. alas, the change is also undoable by the user, so i don't know if that plays well into your design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines