• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to preview the main composition while animating in a nested composition?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a peculiar situation where I was given a character rig in a nested composition and I also have to interact with it outside that nested composition, and that poses a bottleneck problem having to swap back and forth between nested and main composition to match things. It's really slowing me down.

Is there a way to preview both compositions at the same time?

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

You can have a second Composition window open. Click on the keylock icon on the composition panel and then go to View > New Viewer to create a new viewer for a secondary composition. This way you can accomodate the two composition viewer to making changes into the precomp and the view the end result in the final composition. Check attached image. Hope it helps.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-09-19 a las 14.00.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a second Composition window open. Click on the keylock icon on the composition panel and then go to View > New Viewer to create a new viewer for a secondary composition. This way you can accomodate the two composition viewer to making changes into the precomp and the view the end result in the final composition. Check attached image. Hope it helps.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-09-19 a las 14.00.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines