• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue - This project must be converted from version 11.0 (Windows 64)

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had downloaded a couple of packs from videohive.net and I now have a laptop with Windows 11. When I now try to read these After Effects files, I get the following error message:after effects issues.png

Would you know what steps I need to follow to debug this issue and be able to read the files ?

Thanks a lot,

Maxence

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

There is nothing to do. This is just a friendly warning that the files will be converted to the newer format and you need to save it. Unless there is something specific liek a missing effect or unsupported feature the files should open just fine.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Hi, Max -- This is a common message. You'll often get this when you download a template that was created before AE was updated to the current version. Just click "OK" and save the converted project. It should not affect the functionality of the template, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to do. This is just a friendly warning that the files will be converted to the newer format and you need to save it. Unless there is something specific liek a missing effect or unsupported feature the files should open just fine.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Max -- This is a common message. You'll often get this when you download a template that was created before AE was updated to the current version. Just click "OK" and save the converted project. It should not affect the functionality of the template, though.

John W. | pixellingo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your messages.

So yes I clicked on the warning and I can access the file but let me show what it does when I play it:ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
The green buffer does not load and the animations keeps looping back. My laptop is powerful so it cannot be the root cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

make sure the folder you are loading the file from is not a compressed folder. You must extract the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines