Exit

Issue when trying to use BentonSans Bold - Unkown BIB Error

Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yashlucid_0-1665737915692.png

yashlucid_1-1665738014108.png

In Adobe Illustrator, transport my vectors over via Overlord as usual, now however I am getting issues with BentonSans Bold, via the one supplied by my corporate client and OTF/TTF files from the web.

Any solution? 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

The invalid glyph warning suggest that there is soemthing going on with substitutions like stylistic alternatives or ligatures that AE cannot replicate. Check the relevant settings in the character panel's flyout menu in AI and also check the actual encoding of the text. In case of doubt simply convert to outlines or re-type the text in AE. No point hunting down complicated solutions for soemthing so simple.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The invalid glyph warning suggest that there is soemthing going on with substitutions like stylistic alternatives or ligatures that AE cannot replicate. Check the relevant settings in the character panel's flyout menu in AI and also check the actual encoding of the text. In case of doubt simply convert to outlines or re-type the text in AE. No point hunting down complicated solutions for soemthing so simple.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback, I deleted my fonts, reinstalled fresh ones, and retyped the copy in Illustrator - thus removing the glitchy glyphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines