Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with preview

Advocate ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having this issue recently where when I preview a video in After Effects, it sort of just flashes a black screen and the preview disappears. I've been having this problem more recently, since I got a new GPU. I haven't been able to render in Media Encoder with the new GPU either. It freezes the render before the blue bar can start actually rendering.

Specs: 

Ryzen 5 5600x

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (upgraded from 1660 super)

32 GB RAM

1 TB SSD

Windows 11 Home

Video of issue is attached.

~Jake
TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. Do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! I didn't even have this driver installed somehow. Unfortunately it didn't work though.. When I restart my PC and open AE, the preview shows up only on one of my compositions and every where on the timeline of that composition has the same frame. The rest of the compositions still have this issue of the preview not showing. Any other ideas?

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured I'd get help from a support member, and they figured out it was something with the plugins. Im using a lot of plugins and the FX are really heavy so this makes sense. I think I will test around some disabling and see if this works. Thanks for your help!

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reinstall the old graphics card and see if the issue still exists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out - BorisFX's sapphire plugin was acting up. i restarted AE with the layers with sapphire effects off. Then i turn them on one by one. It works now!!

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines