• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue With The Cloning Stamp

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to AE and am having issues with the cloning stamp tool, after having succesfully used the tool in previous projects. 

Right now, the "normal" mode for the cloning tool doesn't do anything, regardless of the layer I attempt to use the tool in. I can set colours and obtain the cursor for the tool, but attempting to paint over an object yields absolutely no results (though a new clone is still created each time). 

Strangely, all other modes (multiply, screen etc.) seem to work fine, and even more strangely, if I start messing with the offset and source time settings, the "normal" mode begins to work correctly, but stops working again if the tool is restored to default settings.

It's pretty frustrating that such a pivotal tool, in arguably its most important setting, is just... refusing to work right now, and I'm wondering if anybody has experienced this/knows a fix?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots, system info, details about the comp, tool settings. No point in describing invisible elephants. Outside that of course it could simply be the usual cache and hardware accelration issues, so flush the cahces, check the settings and possibly update your system's graphics driver.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've attached a video of the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any problem, this is how the clone stamp works. You are referencing to the same layer and AE is cloning the pixels with the offset you have applied. In your example you are cloning the violet sky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jose, my issue is this:

Isn't it possible to simply have a cloning stamp that allows you to select a colour, then paint over the area you want without any offset, and without another screen appearing over the original like in my video?

When the offset is set to zero, the stamp simply ceases to function. Is this correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to start cloning on a new paint effect rather thsn trying to add clones/brushes to the one you have applied? For example, add a new effect to your video (levels but with no changes). Then double-click your layer and try to clone again. Tell us if this is working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I added a curves effect to a still image to test your suggestion out, but no luck unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines