• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with AE 2020 on M1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm using rotobrush on AE with the apple M1 macbook pro and each time I try to select freeze or try to view my roto, the program keeps crashing. I'm at a bit of a loss for what do to. 

I assume it's potentially because AE is not yet optimized for M1 but any advice would be useful! 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the Preferences/Memory settings and give Adobe a multiple of 4 GB of ram and leave at least 4 for other apps. If that does not fix the problem and you don't have any other system compatibility issues it could be a footage compression/decoding issue or a system problem that needs to wait for an update from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, thanks so much for the response! I’ll try this and update this query tomorrow morning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a bug and this feature not working on AE with Apple M1, you're the second user that report the same issue, https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/roto-brush-2-0-doesn-t-work-in-m1-mac-device-big-sur/td... you should wait till adobe release the update with M1 native support 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response too!
If the above suggestion doesn't work, I guess I'll have to wait!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not but I think the 2021 AE has solved the issue. I haven't used it loads of times since then but I tried it with the footage I had an issue with and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using v.18 of AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! But i think it was solved on the first version of AE 2021. Thanks for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. But yesterday, I upgrade to MacOS Monterey Public Beta, the problem is fixed, I can use roto brush 2.0 on my Macbook Pro M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issues.

- M1 Chip + Big Sur = rotobrush crashes the entire app on scrub.

- Big Sur (no M1) = rotobrush behaves as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's getting worse with every update.
For me, it's now imposible to work on AE, I've search on every forum and no solution that works is to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, i use both after effect 2020 and 2022 on iMac M1 and after effect cant even render my files, I cant preview etc. its extremely slow, Its worse even on 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to 2023, I noticed a REMARKABLE stability increase in all of the tools.
There are some drawbacks to using the new software for backwards compatibility, but the new tools and performance MORE THAN MAKE UP for that "save for old" requirement.
Remember, you can have multiple versions on your mac.  I recommend that you try the newest build (fits like a glove for my M1 Mac Studio).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, i am gonna have to upgrade to 2023 then. but I noticed just a little improvement when I changed the cache location to my external SSD 2tb.

I use Imac m1 8gb, previously I used to use a windows laptop 8gb and the performance was quiet ok, I expected more from my mac after all that noise on the M1 chip, I was dissapointed obviously. So are you trying to say its an issue or bug with the 2022 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines