Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with importing SWF files in After Effects 2023

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

since After Effects 2022 I find miself everyday with the following error warning with all kind of different formats:
After Effects error: File "file_name.swf" cannot be opened, it may be in an unsupported format. ( 86 :: 1 )

It is all files that were created last year, so I can not imagine that it is some outdated codec issue.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so, is there a solution?

Thanks in advanced

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without soem more specific info about your projects, your computer and so on we can't really tell you much. And if it affects "all kind of different formats" and not just SWFs it clearly can't be blamed on that being a deprecated file format no longer actively being developed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mylenium,,

Thanks for the quick response.

Here are the tec specs of my MacBook Pro

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 11.28.25.png

And here the After Effects Build

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 11.29.27.png

I kind of figured out what the issue is. I am working streight from my dropbox, which has never been an issue.

All the files are made available offline. 
When I copy the files that I couldn't import to my desktop I do not get any error messages.

I have the feeling that in previous After Effects versions even online material in the dropbox has been inported although it took more time as I suppose that After Effects was communicating with Dropbox to make the file available. This doesn't seem to work right now. Not sure if this is a After Effects prefference or a Dropbox issue.

Do you know if this can be fixed by some preferences in After Effects?

Thanks again in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that is a compatability issue between MacOS Monterrey and dropbox. So let's see it I can get some solution from Dropbox. Thanks anyways for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Dropbox recently switched to OS X internal web API and ditched their own HTTP stack, so it would be up to them to adjust their behaviors accordingly. I'm sure there's in fact some obscure terminal command to manage the internal settings or hack around in some .plist file, but I'm not a Mac person and this realyl goes beyond what I can glean from my daily work here and elsewhere. You could perhaps ask around on soem more Mac-centric tech forum.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines