Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with rendering TIFF sequence with alpha channel in AE 17.7 or above

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues when rendering out a tiff sequence with an alpha channel in After Effects 17.7 or above. The text moves to the upper left of the frame. It works fine with ProRes 4444 (w/alpha), DPX (w/alpha), or anything without an alpha. This started with AE 17.7 and is still there in 18.0.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Created a new project in the newer version (18.0) of AE and imported the older project into it. That seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a new project in the newer version (18.0) of AE and imported the older project into it. That seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing still happening here in July/August same year.

Any other workarounds?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is an old thread but I just had the same issue with AE 2021 while trying to render a tiff sequence with straight alpha. I tried the new project method without success.

In the end I was able to render it correctly by changing the depth to trillions instead of millions. Not sure why but that seemed to do the trick. It's annoying that it increases the render time but luckily the project is very light so it was worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just figured something out with this- when the project has CUDA graphics card accelerartion on the error happnes. When I go to File>Project Settings>Video Rendering and Effects>Software Only (turn off CUDA acceleration) the problem goes away and tif files are back to their regular placement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also try changing the length of your composition.
I've heard that shortening comps to resolve this issue.

crop.png

Note:
Flipping between the "Millions" and "Trillions" of colors in the output module everytime this comes up also has had a lot of success for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines