Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Text in AE 22.1.1

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am having issues with my text in After Effects and I can't seem to figure out if it is a bug in AE or if I messed with a setting and it switched to this. I've had the newest version of AE (22.1.1) installed for a while now but I can't remember if this started right when I updated but I have noticed this happening for the past two weeks or so.

My text keeps glitching out and I'm not sure what to do! It seems to happen the most when I use special characters or numbers, it doesn't stay where I need it to stay. I attached a video below of what is happening. If anyone could help me figure out what the issue is I would greatly appreciate it. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the kerning options in the text panel flyout menu and also the options for substitutions and ligatures. Seems like something along those lines is going on, only that the font possibly isn't designed that well and the internal rules produce bad-looking text...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this with all fonts, or just one specific one? 

Just to eliminate the possibility that a text setting is weird somewhere, click on the little flyout menu for the Character panel, then choose Reset Character. 

Screenshot 2022-02-01 170126.jpg

Any improvement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would happen if you checked right to left text direction in the paragraph panel:
text direction.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue with rendering a sinlge png file on Mac still!

Errors and specs attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean to post this in a different thread? If this isn't relevant to an existing question, please make a new post with an accurate title, so people can find it and provide appropriate suggestions for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am sorry, I see that now, this is an issue related to PNG export errors in AE v22.1.1 and now still v22.2 if you could move this to the appropriate thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your help.

In the end, I ended up reinstalling AE and that didn't fix the problem. I also had reset all my settings and it didn't fix it at that time. Even with your suggestions, it was still acting weird but after a couple of days, it did just seem to resolve itself? 

Not sure if there was something else that I kept hitting, or if my file was just corrupted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines