• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jumping Null Object in 3D Scene

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the objects. I am using the 3D camera for a video. There are null objects distributed in the scene that are connected with a line. This line is bound to the null objects through an expression. The problem is that the null objects jump somewhere else when they are out of the camera view for too long.

I am not sure if this is due to the script or the settings of After Effects.

This is one by one like a tutorial on YouTube named: "Line Between Nulls in After Effects".

Null punkt sprung 1.PNGNull punkt sprung 2.PNG

It is strange that the objects in the top view do not move, which is also correct. It is only in the camera that this does not happen.

Null punkt sprung 3.PNGNull punkt sprung 4.PNG

Its happening with every null Object.

Null punkt sprung 5.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your code we can't be certain and since you didn't provide an exact link one can only speculate, but this sounds like it's using some layer space transform, which of course may breack down when an item is no longer in the view and the matrix conversion makes no sense. The same would be true in reverse - an expression that is supposed to only work in 2D will require extra code to function properly in 3D. anyway, you need to provide more info before anyone can realyl help you.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes i forgot it:

offset = [thisComp.width, thisComp.height]/2
p1 = thisComp.layer("L1").toComp([0,0]).slice(0,2) - offset
p2 = thisComp.layer("L2").toComp([0,0]).slice(0,2) - offset
p3 = thisComp.layer("L3").toComp([0,0]).slice(0,2) - offset
p4 = thisComp.layer("L4").toComp([0,0]).slice(0,2) - offset
p5 = thisComp.layer("L5").toComp([0,0]).slice(0,2) - offset
p6 = thisComp.layer("L6").toComp([0,0]).slice(0,2) - offset
p7 = thisComp.layer("L7").toComp([0,0]).slice(0,2) - offset

ps = [p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7]
in_tangents = []
out_tangents = []
createPath(ps, in_tangents, out_tangents, is_closed=false)

The Null Object are Named L1 - L7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pretty much what I said. You can't expect a toComp() to work outside the camera frustrum/ comp window and to boot since this is clearly a mask path being generated it will never work in your 3D scenario without massively expanding the code to account for perspective changes and such. Since you seem to be only wanting to create linear connections, anyway, it may be time to explore otehr venues like simply placing thin 3D solids als lines in the scene.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines