Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just highlighted text in After Effects, no animation

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm putting some subtitles into a video using AE. The client wants to highlight the text to make it stand out more like in the picture attached. For the life of me I just can not work out whether this option exists in AE, I dont mean it to animate in any way, literally just be highlighted like in a word document.

Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

These are Subtitles or also known as Captions. Adobe Premiere Pro's latest release includes automated transcription and captioning. More info here - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is not a text processor. Of course you have to "animate" something, be that just a static text animator for color on your text layer or as per your example adding e.g. shape layers beneath the text, including the gigazillion "fit box to text" tutorials out there. A simple web search can turn up enough info just like combing through AEScripts.com will reveal all sorts of scripts for subtitle automation in AE. Still, it's never going to be a matter of just selecting text or having a search & replace function highlight it automatically. You have to put in some work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Subtitles or also known as Captions. Adobe Premiere Pro's latest release includes automated transcription and captioning. More info here - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much Roland, this has saved me so much time, was very straight forward and works wonders with the automated transcription.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines