Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Key frame speed graph won't curve correctly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm learning to use After Effects on my own and even though I'm an amateur I've been able to add a little pizzazz to my videos. Now I'm on the level where I want to speed up vector objects. I followed a tutorial on Youtube to a T and I'm feeling frustrated because it's so straight forward but when I do it, it doesn't do what I want it to do. Here is what I mean:

default4fajkehvm0yx_1-1655406219728.png

My key frames are set to easy ease. Then I go on to the speed graph and there's a grey line that I want to turn into a curve but it looks like this:

default4fajkehvm0yx_2-1655406301248.png

When I try to move the handles, it stays in a straight line or only makes the key frames themselves go up and down, but not curve.

default4fajkehvm0yx_3-1655406375605.png

What the heck am I doing wrong??

I was never taught this in school (thanks college!) and I don't have anyone I can ask for help. Any advice/instruction is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5000 px/sec? You scrolled out a lot or something... Try clicking this button:

JqkeFX_0-1655410036356.pngJqkeFX_1-1655410053887.png

Press F9 to reset the ease on the keyframes.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jake!! Yeah... I keep having problems zooming in and out but that's user error on my end lol Now everything my grid doesn't look so wild lol

One more thing, as you probably know, it saves time using keyboard shortcuts. But when I try to use fn keys, they don't work. If I press f9, it just pulls up my computer settings. How do I change that? I don't want to have to do it manually every time 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut is called "Easy Ease" and you can change it by going to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. 🙂

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on a Mac or a Windows machine? Have you tried pressing the F9 key with and without holding down the Fn key?

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines