Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard problem in Adobe After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem for a long time with After Effects and i would like to know if you have the same.

When I type text on After effects, sometimes, a letter is forgotten, i don't know why. I don't have this problem with Premiere, Photoshop, etc. Only with After effects. It became impossible for me to write anything on the software because of that problem.

Do you know how to fix this? I had the same problem before with the CC 2019 as well.

Thank you,

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to how you may be typing "HELLO" and only see "HELL" until you complete the text entry?  

If so, I've seen that lag in both vesrion 15 (cc2018) and version 16 (cc2019).  It's not consistent, either.  So sometimes the text entry refreshes as expected and other times it lags.

I tend to copy and paste from a text document (usually Word or TextEdit, but sometimes a client supplied PDF or email) which maintains the formatting on the AE side.  Occassionaly I'll copy and paste from Photoshop or Illustrator which retains the PS or AI formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly my problem, sometimes it's working, sometimes not. So the best way is to copy/paste a text document, which is not what i prefer. 

You never found a solution for that issue?

Thank you Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange issue. I assume you are typing into a Text Layer?

Please provide your complete system specs and OS language as well as AE's installation language.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's right, i am typing into a text layer.

AE is in french, version 17.0.1 but i've got the problem for a long time. Working on a Mac Pro 2013 12-core 2,7GHz, 48 Go RAM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to switch to AE to English to see if the problem goes away? Then, send in a Bug Report on the outcome. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is  when you tape a letter won't appear you should tape another letter to make the previous letter appear  for example  HELLO  I have to write HELLOO  to get HELLO 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do this as well:

• Make a text layer and type some text
  • Highlight all the text you typed.
  • Go to the Character panel, right-click on the hamburger-looking horizontal line icon, and select Reset Character

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have the same problemes with AE2023, do you you know how to fix it ?

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue within After Effects' code that caused this was fixed awhile ago.

Can you share a screen recording that shows what you are experiencing?  If you happen to have screen recording software that can show keystrokes, that would be extra helpful.

It would also be good to have your operating system version, your graphics driver version (if running Windows), and the After Effects version (there have been a handful of versions from 23.0 to 23.2.1), as well as any third party plugins and addons that you are runnning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thanks to responding to me.

I m on mac book pro intel 2019 with the last AE2023. just the trapcode of addons

Curisously, yesterday, i see a difference when i write a text, when i have my character tab open. It's laging, but when i close the tab, and click on another tab, exemple : the align tab, i can write normally.

I had a similar bug, long time ago, on my work computer (with ae 2021), when i open a files with text, it s freezing  a lot, and after i kill my preference, it worked normaly, but i think, this issue is different.

i show that in the video.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue on my 2019 intel MBP.  I recently added TextEvo - not sure if that's the culprit, but AE seems to be the only thing randomly skipping space bar entry, letters, etc.  It's infuriating. 
I'd love to find a solution to this because it's a recent bug addition and it's just killing my productivity. 

I'm not on that particular machine, but it should be
AE 23.2.1
Ventura 13.2.1
2.4Ghz 8Core Intel i9  
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M w/8GB of GDDR6
64G 2666Mhz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running After Effects without any third-party addons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wthout trapcode ? no, i can test,

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for what it's worth I'm running almost the exact same setup on an M1 machine and I'm not running into this text typing issue in AE.  TextEvo2 on both machines (which is just a script). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TextEvo adds a UI panel, right?

In troubleshooting unexpected behavior, I've always found it helpul to start with the base foundation.  For example, when troublehsooting a startup issue with a computer, we can take the time to disconnect everything except for the keyboard, monitor, and mouse.  It takes some pateince, but whatever is causing the unexpected issue usually presents itself eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like Motion 4 was the culprit.  I closed the window and restarted, it helps. The typing might still be a bit laggy but it's not skipping characters and keystrokes now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines