• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts file missing!

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running an old version of AfterEffects, CS5.5. I've found that I am unable to edit or assign new keyboard shortcuts, which has been pretty annoying. I click the "Keyboard Shortcuts..." menu item, and nothing happens.

keyboard-shortcuts-error.gif

(As a side note, this is the same for the "After Effects Help...   F1" menu item, as well.

After doing some research here on the Support Forum, I found this post:

How to get the Keyboard Shortcuts File in After Effects?

But when I followed the file path given, the directory does not exist on my computer.

no-shortcuts-directory.jpg

Am I correctly assessing my problem, that there is in fact a missing directory and this is why I can't access my Keyboard Shortcuts? If so, is there anything I can do to fix it? Or do I just need to keep living with it like I have been?

Thanks for any help you can give!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I am still able to use the keyboard shortcuts that are already in the program. But if there isn't a shorcut there (for example, there's no shortcut listed for "Trim Comp to Work Area"), I am unable to add one, and I'm also unable to edit the shortcuts that already exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known bug in After Effects CS5.5 that prevents the keyboard shortcuts from being edited or assigned. The bug is caused by a corrupted keyboard shortcuts file.

To fix the bug, you need to delete the corrupted keyboard shortcuts file. The file is located in the following directory:

• Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\CS5.5\aeks
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/After Effects/CS5.5/aeks

Once you have deleted the file, restart After Effects. The keyboard shortcuts should now be working properly.

If you are still having trouble, you can try reinstalling After Effects. This will create a new keyboard shortcuts file, which should fix the bug.

Here are some additional troubleshooting tips:

• Make sure that you are running the latest version of After Effects CS5.5.
  • Try resetting the keyboard shortcuts in After Effects. To do this, go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and click the Reset button.
  • Check your keyboard settings to make sure that the keyboard shortcuts are enabled.
  • Try using a different keyboard to see if that fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file path C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\CS5.5\aeks doesn't exist on my computer, but I did just find a file called "Adobe After Effects 10.5 Shortcuts" in AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\10.5 (10.5 is the only directory in my After Effects folder). Is this the correct file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines