• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframes locked after using Pan Tool "Y" hotkey

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple issue with hopefully a simple solution.

I used the "Y" Hotkey to activate the Pan Tool and scrub through a video in my AE timeline.
Hit "V" Select tool Hotkey and the keyframes under the video i just Pan Tooled no longer accept edits to their position in time. if i double click i can change the value. and via F9 i can change their keyframe type.

but i cant move them around.

I would ask that adobe make keyframes operate in their absolute most basic form first. to much "help" seems to be built into these little buggers.
Captureforadobe support.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like a bug because I'm able to do what you're describing. But just for clarification, here's what I did:

1) Bring a video into the timeline and trim it

2) Add some keyframes

3) Use the Slip tool (KB Shortcut "Y") to slip the video in time while retaining the in/out points

4) Switch to the Select tool

5) Select keys and move them

Is this correct? If so, I was able to move my keys with no issue. What version of AE are you on (the exact version not just the year)? If there's an update, give that a try. If you have the public beta installed, see if it works there. You can also try clearing your AE prefs to see if this helps. If you're not familiar how, here's a support article with instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines