• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keylight out of memory error!

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Monterey 12.2.1.  "Keylight out of memory" Constantly pops up. Cleared caches. Have cache files on separate large disks. I have tried the remedies suggested in previous posts. Still getting this nuisance.  Help!!!  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your project and the footage nobody can tell you much. This error has been known to crop up if there are issues with hardware acceleration when decoding the footage or it uses unusual dimensions and aspect ratios. You need to provide more info if you realyl want a satisfying answer and advice on how to fix it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default4sd6wvtsnuwa,

Welcome to the community.

As the expert suggested, we'd need more details in order to troubleshoot the issue properly.

• Could you share a screenshot of the About This Mac?
  • What's the exact version of After Effects you're using?
  • Does it happen on all the projects? Could test it on a new project and see if it still happens?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, quite suddenly. 

I'm importing 4K video, applying the following affects - stereo, keylight, lumetri, advanced spill suppressor, and drop shadow. I then put simple animated vector graphics over the rolling video which itself is over a static background.

I've worked on a couple of these projects already and yesterday the keylight error popped up. I've run through all the checks, but it still persists. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes out-of-memory errors are just that, After Effects is out of memory. 

Have you considered upgrading the 64GB maximum for your model iMac?

Have you tried doing the Comp in multiple passes?  That is, pull the key and render it out to Lossless with Alpha or High Quality with Alpha, then import that render to apply Lumitri and maybe even export and re-import that again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exporting multiple passes sounds like a good idea, except for the fact that I have clients! And you know how they are about changing things. Making any edits could mean re-rendering all those files again - but I guess it's either that or the keylight error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines