Laggy / Buggy UI in After Effects 2022

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the issue that my User Interface is really laggy when i scroll around the timeline or drag and drop the windows inside After Effects. My PC is brand new with very good components and I everything else works just fine (checked the hardwareperformance with differnt tools). I also tweaked the Performance settings in After Effects and in Windwos 11 but without any results. My Preview works fine and it renders fast. It's just the UI which is laggy.
I do use a 4K - Monitor and I know that Adobe After Effects had issues to handle these Monitors but that was in 2019. So I wonder if this is still the same bug or if it is something else. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi lucab13125395,

As you mentioned, there were some performance issues on 4K monitors in the old versions but I haven't seen this in the recent versions. Would you mind sharing a screen recording that shows the problem? It'll help us to understand the issue better. Also, please share your more details on your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM)?

Here's what you can try:

1. Make sure your GPU driver is updated.
  2. Eliminate if you're using a doc to connect the monitor with the machine.
  3. Disable Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels in After Effects Preferences > Display.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines