Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer with Turbulent Displace effect applied is not rotating with 3D camera

Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8bC9ZcU4es 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. But when I add a turbulent displace effect to a layer and then add a 3d camera and rotate the scene, the mask with the turbulent displace effect seems to be rotating on its own out of step with the rest of the scene.

Is it because I did not precomp the scene (prior to adding my 3d camera and parented 3d null) that the layer with the Turbulent Effect is behaving this way?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video is private so I can't see what you are talking about. 

An embedded screenshot showing the modified properties of the problem layer would help. Don't upload, embed using the toolbar or drag and drop to the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, sorry about that. I just changed the visibility to Unlisted, so it should work now. Sorry I don't have the file anymore. But tell me if you have any problem accessing the youtube video now. Thank you in advance, 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the timeline with the layer switches this is not much use. From the video the effect looks 2D-ish as if it was on an adjustment layer above, so most likely it simply comes down to collapsed transformations and how it affects rendering order...

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, hi Rick, terribly sorry it took me this long to reply. I just did another AE map animation. Same issue as before - layer seems to wobble with camera animation when "Turbulent Displace" or "Roughen Edges" effects are applied to said layer.  No issues when it's the layer by itself with no effects. Please see the pics below showing what's going on in my timeline with my layers and the link to the video file in question. Let me know if you have any issue accessing the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqeQqlY2KDs 

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 5.29.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-23 at 5.28.23 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I just realized that if I precomp my 3D layers, the issue goes away. No issues with any effect in the precomped final timeline. Was that the issue? That for some effects to playback properly in a 3D scene, the layers need to be pre-comped?  

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 5.55.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines