• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layered animation with puppet tool

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reasonably manageable way to have two puppet effects work on separate layers together, creating a seamless join between the two? Trying to create a very specific human motion and need a seamless join at the shoulder but control over the rest of the arm. The only hack I think of at the moment is to separate the arm from the shoulder and precomp, putting a puppet effect on the arm in the precomp, then applying another puppet to both arm and shoulder downstream. However this means creating animation in two comps, which is difficult and inefficient. Essentially I'm looking for some way to parent one puppet to another, but the puppet tool is completely lacking any kind of parenting ability so far as I can see.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would have to create a ton of complex expressions to fake the parenting and even then the result of the deformation would be inconsistent simply due to how the algorithm works. so no, there is no such thing and the current workflow is pretty much as good as it gets.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines