Layers in scene flashing in and out

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't figure out why something is happening here. I have the scene you see in 'screenshot 1'. I have the stamp ('More collisions') hitting along the z-axis and want the whole scene to wobble with the hit of the stamp.

The null layer has a slider which is keyframed around the hit, 0 to 25 to 0 with an inertial decay expression. It's z rotation and position have a wiggle effect applied with the amplitude pick-whipped to the slider to create the wobble with decay. Then the rest of the elements in the scene are parented to the null layer's wobble.

When I play this, it all works fine but varous elements in the scene are cutting out and reappearing, almost glitch like. Opacity is not keyframed anywhere obviously. You can see this in the video attached.

I can't figure out why this is happening or if I'm doing something wrong somewhere. There's a lot of elements in the framed scenes but removing them wiggling particles in the screens does not remove the glitch.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you tell us which Adobe application you're using so we can move the thread to the correct forum

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I should have clicked sething probably. It's for After Effects. I thought it was automatically in that forum.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, I'll move the thread for you 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Thanks for writing in.

I can see an expression error in the screen recording. It could be related to that. If not, try clearing the cache (Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache).

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu,

Thanks so much for the message. Those expression errors were related to other layers. I sorted them out but the same problem persists. I don't it's an issue with the cache, purging makes no difference either. It's related to the null layer somehow. Erasing that and doing without the wobble when the stamp hits sorts it out but it\'s a pity to lose that part of the animation but I'm out of ideas at this point.

Thanks for your help!

f

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines